|Date Posted||May 14, 2020|
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Manager, Enterprise Systems
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Manager, Enterprise Systems. This position under limited supervision of the Director of Technology, leads a team responsible for the business application delivery and maintenance for enterprise system solutions, ensuring alignment with evolving Business needs and organizational priorities. Oversees the design, development, integration, implementation, and administration of enterprise systems including business process mapping and process documentation, use case development, functional and technical requirements gathering and documentation. Responsible for continuous process improvement, application planning, user support, project management, and working closely with Business stakeholders to understand their business needs, requirements, and priorities for technology solutions.
Essential functions include:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of projects and initiatives and provide highly specialized support, guidance, and oversight for the enterprise business systems, including short and long-term strategic plans, and projects of varying size and complexity.
- Manage the design, development, integration, implementation, and administration of enterprise business systems, and evaluate results.
- Work closely with Business leadership and stakeholders to assess and interpret business customer needs and requirements, coordinate creation of business/technical requirements; document technology gaps and develop roadmaps; prioritize requests from business consistent with organizational priorities.
- Facilitate engagement and communication with stakeholders to ensure alignment with ongoing business needs as well as integration with other business systems.
- Develop, implement and monitor system policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance.
- Provide leadership to staff and contractors for making decisions, setting priorities, and engaging and communicating with Business stakeholders.
- As a member of the Technology Leadership Team, contribute to the IT strategic planning, Capital Expenditure and Operating Expense budget, and identification of resource requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or Information Technology and ten (10) years of increasingly responsible relevant work experience with enterprise systems, of which at least five years must have been in project management, supervisory, or lead capacity required; and/or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and knowledge. An advanced degree in related field may be substituted for part of the required experience.
- Proficient at leading functional business process reengineering and large-scale enterprise systems. Experience with other technology deployment initiatives that integrate ERP and GIS preferred.
- Experience with SAP and ESRI preferred.
- Full-cycle ERP implementation and support experience required.
- Sound technical knowledge and analytical abilities related to information technology and IT systems planning at the enterprise level.
- Demonstrated ability to provide solutions that meet client needs in accordance with documented functional requirements, organizational policies and industry best practice.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position will be commensurate with experience. Applications must be received by June 11, 2020 no later than 4:30PM.