|Location||Elk Grove Village, ILLINOIS|
|Date Posted||November 20, 2019|
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, the Inventory Manager will be responsible for a high performing infrastructure to execute defined material movement and inventory management processes that drive inventory accuracy, deliver effective property control in alignment with company and ISO 9001 standards.
- Oversight of entire inventory and material movement profile including finished goods, material handling, shipping, and receiving (6-8 direct reports).
- Ensure efficient and safe handling of materials as well as proper location and product rotation to accomplish FIFO inventory flow.
- Develop, manage, and execute programs for cycle counting, production transitions, and stock levels.
- Track variances in inventories, reconcile inventory balances between warehouse and production records to preserve inventory integrity.
- Prepares and reports daily, weekly and monthly cycle count analysis reports and metrics.
- Collaborates with Production and Purchasing departments to reconcile orders, delivery/schedules, returns, and resolution of supplier quality issues.
- Ability to manage, plan, and execute in a low volume, high-mix environment.
- Experience establishing or sustaining inventory management systems, Kanban, and other inventory improvement projects (Required).
- Minimum 3 years strong leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills (i.e., can conduct root cause analysis, make recommendations, and track results).
- Capability to effectively communicate, coach, and train shop floor team members on processing information.
- Proven experience leading a team of non-exempt, hourly employees.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- MUST have ERP experience.